EAR 9.2 Reconciliation Tolerance on Cash Drawer by User Page Is Not Enforced
(Doc ID 2739296.1)
Last updated on APRIL 07, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Reconciliation Tolerance can be set for the Cash Drawer and for individual users on the Cash Drawer by User page. However, the Reconciliation entered on the Cash Drawer by User page is not enforced,Regardless of the value entered for a User, the only Reconciliation Tolerance value that is enforced is the Cash Drawer value.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Use VP1 userid for testing this issue and ensure ADMINISTRATOR role is assgined .
2) GO to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Security > Feature Security by Role as ADMINISTRATOR
3) Select "Cash drawer receipts and Deposits" and click on Select Functions.
4) Select "Cash drawer Reconciliation Overrides" and click on Select Fields.
5) Select Display only for field Float_amt and save page.
6. Set up User Reconciliation Tolerance Amount as $20 and Cash Drawer Reconciliation Tolerance Amount is $50 at Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Cash Processing > Cash Drawer
by User and Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Cash Processing > Cash Drawer.
7) Create Cash Drawer Receipt. Total Payment Amount = $500 (Cash = $250 and Check = $250) and Print the Receipt.
8) Go to Cash Drawer Reconciliation and Enter Actual Cash Count $320 and Actual Check Count $250. Click Calculate.Able to Save as Reconciled even though the Shortage amount exceeds the Cash
Drawer by User Reconciliation Tolerance amount of $20.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document