Bidders Viewing Previously Posted Bid Reverting The Bid Status From Posted to Saved Even Without Changing Anything On the Bid
(Doc ID 2741589.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 04, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Strategic Sourcing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the supplier viewing the posted BID from supplier portal, just editing the bid without changing anything then pressing on save for later since there is no clear way to get out of the page the only other choices are Validate or Submit Bid, neither of which makes sense to them if they didn't make any changes, system revert back the BID status from posted to saved!
The bid will not be valid at this point and the supplier will not even get notified !
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a new event and invite some bidders then mark it as public.
- Sign in to supplier portal as a bidder and bid on the event.
- Now review the bid status, it is showing posted as expected.
- Now as a supplier, login again to supplier portal and view/Edit the bid but don't change anything.
- In that page there is no option to exit the page so suppliers just press on save for later then the home button to exit
- Now the bid stats is reverted back to SAVED and not posted.
- If you try to analyze the event, there will not be any bid on it
- Supplier will not even get notified on this and his bid will be lost.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document