Classic Delegation: Approvals are sent To Proxy even after the Delegation is Revoked starting with PUM 33
(Doc ID 2742433.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 07, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a transaction data is created for a given Transaction type for which a delegation has been revoked, the approval is being sent to both the workers i.e Proxy as well as to Delegator.
The issue occurs only when customer decides to use Classic Delegation instead Fluid Delegation available beginning with HCM Update Image 33.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Turning off the feature to continue to use HCM delegation framework (classic delegation):
Enterprise Components > Delegation > Installation Settings and disable "Use Fluid delegation" option
2. By default all the classic navigations to HCM Delegations are hidden from navigation. You need to go and turn off "Hide from portal navigation":
Go to Set Up HCM > Common Definitions > Edit Delegations Folder and un-check the "Hide from portal navigation" check box for Manage Delegation
Do the same for Workforce Administration > Self Service Transactions > Approvals and Delegations > Edit "Add Delegation Request, Administer Delegation and Maintain Delegated Authorities"
3. pick up an old classic delegation request created in previous PUM images which has been accepted by the proxy and it is in active status
Note: The classic delegations were saved in PS_HCDL_MYPROXY and PS_HCDL_DELEGATION which are classic tables.
But, due to update process, these old delegations has been inserted into PS_EODL_DELEGATION table, too.
There is a conversion program that is moving automatically the classic delegations to fluid delegations tables. The name of the Application engine process is "DC30226056" and it moves the data from HCDL_xxxx records (used for classic delegations) to EODL_xxxx records (tables used for fluid delegation)
4. login as delegator and revoked the access of the proxy for the specific transaction
5. Go to Workforce Administration > Self Service Transactions > Approvals and Delegation > Administer Delegation and then select the "Maintain Delegated Authorities" link.
Run the process "HCDL_BATCH"
Result: The data on the my Proxy page appears correct. The status is updated correctly in PS_HCDL_xxxx table but not also into PS_EODL_DELEGATION table.
6. create a new transaction data for a given transaction type for which a delegation has been revoked.
Wrong result: The approver evaluation is being done on the basis of table PS_EODL_DELEGATION, since the delegation request is still active for the specific proxy. Therefore, the approval is being sent to both the workers i.e Proxy as well as to the actual approver.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document