EEC / EPC / ECA - In a Form, Look Up for Project ID or Contract Num Fields Throws "Business Unit Is A Required Field" Message.
(Doc ID 2742500.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 14, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Contracts - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When prompting for Project ID, or Contract Number on a Fluid Form, the following error comes up. These fields were added new to an existing form using the Form designer.
- Go to Enterprise Components > Forms > Define Prompt Records and add a couple of prompt records from Contracts and Projects. Component search records are CA_CONTR_SRCH_VW, PC_PROJT_SRCH.
- My Home Page > Design Forms. In the demo, the test was done using the form 'COURSE1000'.
- Check the Owner id and make sure the user who is designing the form has the role 'FORM_DESIGNER'. Check User Profiles > Roles for the user.
- My Home Page > Design Forms - Edit the form COURSE1000. Add a couple of Prompt fields and label them as Contract Num and Project ID. Make sure the Prompt records CA_CONTR_SRCH_VW and PC_PROJT_SRCH are used. The prompt control for contract uses OPR_DEF_TBL_CA/OPRID for contracts num and the prompt control for project uses OPR_DEF_TBL_CA/OPRID for contracts num and
- Complete the remaining steps of form design and activate the form.
- Make sure a user has the Project Costing Business Unit field populated for Project Costing User Preferences.
- Employee Self Service > My Forms - Fill out a new form. Select the form COURSE1000 and try prompting for the Contract Num field or the Project ID field.
- The “Business Unit is a Required Field” is received.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document