Multiple Waivers Set To Increase For Tax Are Not Applying Proportionately To Course List Fees And Tax
(Doc ID 2746312.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 25, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Financials - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When one waiver is calculated to pay taxable course list fees and their tax, the second waiver is not applying proportionately to the course list fees and taxes.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Setup a course list;
- Setup a tax code for 10% that will post to its own account;
- Setup a taxable charge item type using the new tax code;
- Setup 4 waiver item types: two using the Tuition only charge priority and the waiver payment overall priority in the account type of TUT, and two using the tuition only charge priority and the
waiver payment overall priority in the TAX account type;
- Create one waiver for 50% of the tuition item group and mark the waiver to increase for tax;
- Use one of the Tuition charge item types and one of the tax waiver item types from step 4. Trigger criteria by student group ATHL should be used on the Waiver Code;
- Create a second waiver for 20% of the tuition item group;
- Mark the waiver to increase for tax;
- Use one of the Tuition waiver item types and one of the tax waiver item types from step 4. Trigger criteria this waiver should be on Student Group = DISB;
- Create a waiver group for these two waivers;
- Create a course list fee for the course in the course list. Course list fee should be setup to charge an amount per unit, and attach the waiver group;
- Enroll a student in the classes attached to the course list;
- Calculate tuition and note the fees and tax are correct;
- Assign the student to the ATHL student group and calculate tuition;
- This will trigger the 1st waiver to calculate and post to the student account;
- Review the account, and note the correct amount is applied proportionately to charges and taxes;
- Assign the student to the DISB student group and calculate tuition to trigger the posting of the second waiver;
- Review the account, note the correct waiver amounts are calculated; note the amount of the second waiver for tuition and tax applies to only the tax charges disproportionately.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document