Fluid Enrollment not Immediately Stopping Drop or Swap When Student Career Open Enrollment Date is in Future
(Doc ID 2749404.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 08, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Campus Self Service - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using FLUID enrollment to drop and swap classes, the process no longer stops the student up front if the open enrollment date has not yet been reached for the student career. Rather, the action is either approved or rejected at the end of the process, based only on the class career.
This behavior can have the undesirable effects of permitting the student to drop/swap a class that the institution didn't intend or want them to be able to drop/swap; and only letting the student know at the very end of the process - which can be somewhat lengthy and complicated for swapping - that they cannot perform the action, rather than informing them right away in the beginning, saving time and work.
The expectation is that the process should work the same as Classic self-service, where a drop or swap is not permitted if the student academic career is not 'open for enrollment', and in that case the student is informed at the start of the sequence, with a warning message.
The issue can be replicated at will with the following steps:
- Enroll student in multiple courses with one course under different career; example, student is UGRD, with one course under GRAD.
- In the session table setup for the term, session, and UGRD career, set open enrollment date to a future date.
- In the same setup for GRAD career, set open enrollment date to a past date.
- Navigate to FLUID enrollment.
- Drop the GRAD career class.
- Attempt to drop one of the UGRD career classes.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document