E-CA: When Attempting to Open an Existing Database in Change Assistant " Fail To Test Access ID/Password: Invalid User And Password For Signon "
(Doc ID 2749585.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 08, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.58 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to open an existing database in the Change Assistant,
the following error occurs.
NOTE: This issue is experienced when attempting to connect to an existing database, and not when defining the database for the first time.
Fail to test Access ID/Password: Invalid user and password for signon
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open Change Assistant version PT 8.58.05
2. Connect a Target database. File > Open > New Database.
3. The connection to the Target DB will work as designed.
4. A connection could be re-established numerous times with the same target DB.
5. Connect to a different database. File > Open > New Database.
6. The new DB will connect as designed.
7. Notice once the new database connects, then the original DB first connected will no longer be able to connect.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document