EAP: CARS Treasury Reporting Requirement Payment Cancellation Return Reason Code is Required for EFT Payment
(Doc ID 2751849.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 18, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In order to meet CARS Treasury reporting requirement, need to be able to enter the ACH return reason code for EFT payment cancellations.
Currently the return reason code is not displayed unless the payment method is ACH.
1. Enable Federal Payments on the Installation Options- Federal page.
Installation Options >Payables
Set Posting Method field to "Detail Offset Method",
Federal Government Options Select "Enable Federal Payment" tick box enter Start Number and End Numbers
Select "Enable Data Calc Basis"
Payment Options select tick box for "Enable Late Charge" and "Evaluate Discount Rate"
2. Set up an Agency Location Code as GWA Reporter
Enter Agency Location via(Setup Fin>Common Definitions>Agency Location Codes>Agency Location)
3. Link the ALC to a bank account
4. Set up an EFT payment method with an SF1166TRVL layout as the default as well as an ACH payment method with a CTX layout.
5. Set up Payment Restrictions for both layouts.
Setup Fin>Product Related>Procurement Options>Payments>Federal Payment Schedule
6. Set up the bank and layouts on the PIR Definition page.
Setup Fin>Product Related>Procurement Options>Payments>PIR Definition
7. Set up the pay cycle.
** IMPORTANT – You must have a certifier with a Payment Schedule ID.
8. Set up a vendor with a remit bank account.
Main Menu>Vendors>Vendor Information>Add/Update>Vendor> go to Vendor Bank Account Options section.
9. Enter a voucher and ensure in the Payment Options the Method is set to EFT.
11. Run Payment Selection. During the selection process, the Status updates to Certifying
12. Log in as the Certifier and select Certify pushbutton
Main Menu>Accounts Payable>Payments>Pay cycle Approvals>Certification
13. Go to Pay Cycle Manager run Payment Creation.
Status updates to Completed
14. Post Payment
15. Cancel the EFT payment method
Main Menu>Accounts Payable>Payments>Cancel/Void Payments>Payment Cancellation
When canceling an EFT payment the Return Reason field is not displayed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document