E-SEC: The Directory Rules Set for Roles Do Not Get Migrated Along with the Roles
(Doc ID 2753592.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 19, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.58 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When migrating roles between databases, the role is migrated without its Directory Rules.
The expected behavior in this scenario is the role should be migrated with all its definitions.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new Directory rule (from root > Security > Directory > Role Membership Rules )
2. Create a new Role
3. Add a Permission List to the Role
4. Setup the Role is Dynamically Assigned to User based on Directory Rules and save.
5. Create a new Project in Application Designer and insert the Role
6. Copy the project to another database
7. Open Role on the target database and see the Directory Rule was not migrated
Also, the issue can be reproduced by migrating the delivered "PT_SEC_ROLES" ADS project as well.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document