EAR9.2: Auto Maintenance - Write Off Not Generated When there is CR Balance
(Doc ID 2756068.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 26, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After running the Auto Maintenance process, Write Off is not generated when there is a CR balance for a match group.
The Auto Maintenance method needs to be setup with Item = Document and there should be 2 DR and 2 CR items for the same Business Unit/Customer ID combination. Also, PS_ITEM.DOCUMENT of the CR items should be updated with the respective DR items so that the total balance amount of 1 DR and 1 CR item group should be zero.
The total balance amount of another DR and CR item group should be a CR balance which is within the tolerance.
Then, when the Auto Maintenance program runs, Write Off is not generated.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create new Auto Maintenance method;
2. Define the WO tolerance limit;
3. Add the new Auto Maintenance method in the Receivables Options page;
4. Identify the data for Auto Maintenance Since the Auto Maintenance method is Item = Document, please identify items for the same BU/Customer combination which satisfies the below conditions.
a. The Debit Item and the Credit Item amount match
b. The sum of the Debit and the Credit Item amounts should be a CR balance which is within the WO tolerance
The total amount for the DR item ‘MW-MT04-1 and CR item ‘MW-MT06-1’ is -50$ (CR balance) which is within the WO tolerance.
The sum of the DR item ‘MW-MT08-2’ and the CR item ‘MW-MT09-1’ matches.
5. Run the Auto Maintenance program - Process completed, but Write Off not generated on the Worksheet.
The balance amount of -50$ is not generated on the worksheet and looks like it is ignored.
For the replication document, please review Replication_File.pdf.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document