EAP: Payment Posting is not Inheriting Chartfields For Discount Earned(DSE) Entries from Voucher Distribution if Posting Method is set to 'Summary Control'
(Doc ID 2756655.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Payment Posting is not inheriting Chartfields for Discount Earned(DSE) entries based on Chartfield Inheritance Setup.
1. At Installation level ,the Payables Posting Method is set to 'Summary Control'.
2. For Inheritance Group, used Payables Distrib Level Entries , set Inheritance Option for Project ID as 'Always Inherit' and for rest of the Chartfields set the Inheritance Option to 'Do Not Inherit'.
3. The Accounting Policy for Discount is set to 'Gross' and the Discount Allocation Policy is set to 'Allocate Discounts' at Procurement Control setup.
4. Voucher with Discount Payment Terms is entered and paid within the Discount Due date. Project ID is populated on the Voucher distribution.
5. Then Ran Payment Posting process.
6. The Payment Posting process generated Discount gained entries (DSE). The account defaulted from Accounting Entry setup. The Project ID should be defaulted from Voucher Distribution based on the Chartfield Inheritance but for project id value remains blank.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document