E-Fluid: "Add to Homepage" Functionality Corrupts Special Characters in IE
(Doc ID 2756660.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 04, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.57 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a page containing special characters in it's label is added to the Homepage, these characters get corrupted when using IE, by being replaced with "?" (question marks) in an unicode database and "¿"(inverted question marks) in a non-unicode database.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login in PIA using IE
2. Navigate to root > PT > Portal > Structure and Content
3. Edit the "My Dictionary" label to "My dictionary pröfiles"
4. Logout/Login to see the label change
5. Navigate to root > My Dictionary pröfiles
6. Click on "Add to Homepage"
7. Go to the Homepage and see the behavior
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document