E-IB/CI: CI Create SOAP Web Service Returns a "Failed to create the Component Interface" Error
(Doc ID 2759817.1)
Last updated on MARCH 15, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.54 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A site developed a custom Component, created a Component Interface (CI) from it, and exposed its Create method as a SOAP web service. Testing the web service using the SOAP Tester in PIA resulted in the following error.
The issue can be replicated using the following steps.
1. Log into Application Designer.
2. Create the component, and CI such that it has a date create key.
3. Create the CI web service as follows:
a) Expose the CI as a web service by navigating through the CI-Based Service wizard (navigation: PeopleTools > Integration Broker > Web Services > CI-Based Services).
b) Provide the web service by navigating through the "Provide Web Service" wizard (navigation: PeopleTools > Integration Broker > Web Services > Provide Web Service).
4. Click on the Generate SOAP Template from the Provide Web Service wizard are completing step 3a above, or open the SOAP Tester (navigation: PeopleTools > Integration Broker > Service Utilities > Generate SOAP Template.
5. Edit the request message, and ensure that the date create key value does not have dash separators. For example, instead of entering 2021-02-03 enter 20210203.
6. Send the request, and observe the error above.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document