GPNZ PDR: IRD Rejected Employee Details File Where Mobile Numbers Included Spaces Or Characters
(Doc ID 2760802.1)
Last updated on MARCH 17, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Global Payroll New Zealand - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Employee Details file is submitted to the IRD test site and the file was rejected with the error message = ‘Employee’s mobile phone number was not provided’.
Updated the mobile phone numbers with no spaces or characters in the file and the file was accepted. Tried updating the mobile number in PeopleSoft (Personal Contacts info) and the mobile number was saved as (e.g. 022/404-1104)
The delivered PeopleSoft phone number “the system formats the number based on the standard phone number format. For 10 digit phone numbers the format is 000/000-0000 and for 7 digit phone numbers the format is 000-0000. The system also supports alphanumeric characters and the punctuation $, -, /, (, and ) when entering telephone numbers".
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enter mobile number of an employee e.g. 02 2404 1104 for an employee and business = 0064 3 90675050, Click Save and the record is saved
2. Navigate to PDR Reporting > Create PDR Data
3. Once completed navigate to Create PDR Employee file
Save the csv file and load into the IRD test site
Error message returned (copy of a test file submitted)
4. Open the file and remove spaces and special characters (/, -) in the mobile number
5. Resubmit the file and the file is accepted
6. Return to the employee contact details page and update the phone numbers so that they are no special characters and spaces
The mobile number is overwritten to 022/404-1104, The file is then rejected again
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document