EPY: Prior Last Action & Last Update Date Values Aren't Updated for Current W-4 Federal Employee Self Service Tax Data Change
(Doc ID 2762085.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 01, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an effective dated row is inserted for W-4 2020 Employee Tax Data the prior row has their LAST_ACTION and LAST_UPDATE_DATE field values are updated as well.
The historic row should show the original creator of the row in the LAST_ACTION field and the original date in the LAST_UPDATE_DATE field.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. An employee navigates to: Self Service > Payroll and Compensation > W-4 Tax Information (Alternatively, for Fluid, Navigate to Employee Self Service, Payroll Tile, Tax Withholding Tile, and choose form type: Federal)
2. The employee updates the row and chooses Exempt. The employees saves the changes, signs in to "sign" the changes and the update is successful
- The Updated By shows 'Emp Sf Svc' & Date Last Updated shows the date the employee updated
- Special Withholding Tax Status shows 'Maintain Taxable Gross'
3. Payroll Analyst navigates to Payroll for North America > Employee Pay Data USA > Tax Information > Update Employee Tax Data
4. The payroll analyst searches for the employee that did the self-service update to exempt.
5. The payroll analyst creates a new row, then changes the "Maintain Taxable Gross" to "None" and saves.
6. The Updated By shows Online Usr & Date Last Updated shows the current date (Special Withholding Tax Status shows 'None')
7. Navigate to the prior row, the Updated By that used to show 'Emp Sf Svc' now shows 'Online Usr' & Date Last Updated has the new current date. (Still shows Maintain taxable gross)
8. This also works if the employee chooses to update to 'None' and the online user updates to 'Maintain Taxable Gross'
This causes loss of audit information for the Employee Tax Data rows.
No changes are known to cause this at this time.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document