After Applying CS 9.2 PUM Image 20, Budgets Are Not Calculating Pell COA and Pell LTHT COA Correctly.
(Doc ID 2764696.1)
Last updated on APRIL 28, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After applying CS 9.2 PUM 20, the Pell Cost of Attendance (COA) and the Pell Less Than Half Time (LTHT) COA are not building correctly in the following scenario:
If the student had a budget built for two terms (fall and spring) but did not enroll in Fall and enrolled in 3 units for Spring. The recalculation of the budget will not rebuild the Pell COA and the Pell LTHT COA correctly. In this case, the Pell amount and the Pell Less Half Annual Amount isn't doubled as it should be to account for the full year Pell Costs.
Students who have just one FA Term built (Spring 2021 for example) with 3 units (less than half time) and subsequently, the Budget was built for Spring 2021, the Pell COA and the Pell LTHT COA were correctly doubled.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- The student has FA Term built-in projections for both Fall and Spring
- Budgets were built for both Fall and Spring.
- The student does NOT enroll for Fall and enrolls in units that are less than half time for Spring
- FA Term is rebuilt. Fall FA Load = N - No Units and Spring FA Load = Less Than Half Time and the statistics tab shows 3 units of enrollment.
- Budgets are rebuilt via Create Student Budget (Financial Aid --> Budgets --> Create Student Budgets)
- Since the student's original budget was built with projected enrollment for Fall and is now not enrolled for Fall, the Budget Term Summary row needs to be deleted for Fall. If this row is not deleted, the budget process will include what was previously built in the budget construction.
- Update the Budget Terms to Build for the Spring term. Make sure to delete the Fall Term if the row exists.
- Click on the Build Budget. Verify that only one row exists in the Budget Term Summary.
- If the detail for the Spring row is built, click the Move Budget Term Budgets. (Financial Aid --> Budgets --> Maintain Term Budgets)
- Review the budget details on Maintain Student Budget page.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document