EAM: Using Page & Field Configuration To Make Tag Number Required Results In A Gap When Generating Asset ID (Navigation: Asset Management > Asset Transactions > Owned Assets > Basic Add)
(Doc ID 2765070.1)
Last updated on APRIL 05, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using Page & Field Config to make Tag Number Required, the next asset ID assigned is skipping a number in the sequence. This is incorrect.
- Enterprise Components > Page and Field Configuration > Page and Field Configurator - Open Component BASIC. Add the 2 fields for configuration. Make the TAG_NUMBER as Required Field. TAGGABLE_SW field default value as 'Y'.
- Go To Map to Portal Registry and Apply the configuration.
- Make a note of the Last Asset ID used under Set up Financial Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > Asset Management > Asset Management Definition for a Business unit. Let's say it is 308
- Navigate to Asset Management > Asset Transactions > Owned Assets > Basic Add.
- Confirm Business Unit, leave Asset Identification as is [NEXT].
- Click the Add button.
- Populate Description, Short Desc, Tag Number, and Profile ID fields and click the Save button.
- Notice that the Asset ID displayed on the page is 310. It is supposed to be 309 as the previous asset id used was 308.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document