EPY: State Tax Data Inactive Marital Status Values Display in Dropdown in Employee Tax Data
(Doc ID 2765969.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 8.9 to 9.2 [Release 8.9 to 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Inactive SWT Marital statuses in the Employee Tax Data page for some states are showing up in the dropdown.
If an inactive option is chosen, the message comes up when trying to save:
Invalid marital status value(2000,471)
The only values that should be displayed in the dropdown for tax
Status are those which show Status = Active.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to: Payroll for North America > Employee Pay Data USA > Tax Information > Update Employee Tax Data
- Search for an Employee in AR or AL
2. Add a new row for Federal Tax Data and then Click on State Tax Data Tab
3. Enter State (for this example, use AR) and choose the search icon to see a list of Marital Status values
4. Note that multiple values appear as options, including inactive values, such as 'X'
5. Choose an inactive value
6. Click on Save
7. Error appears: Invalid marital status value(2000,471)
Some Marital Statuses have been inactivated over the years due to changes in Legislation for certain states.
Adding EFF_STATUS in the view will help with ensuring the most recent statuses are viewed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document