E-AD: AUDIT_TRAIL Shows 2 Entries of "TABLE OR VIEW DOES NOT EXIST" When Building New Record
(Doc ID 2767604.1)
Last updated on APRIL 13, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.57 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When user uses Application Designer to create a record, and selects "Skip table if it already exist", "recreate view if it already exist", then AUDIT_TRAIL log enabled file shows that we attempt to SELECT the same table
twice, with error message "Table or view does not exist".
Test with 2 below scenarios:
1. In Application designer, build setting : Only select 'Create Table' and do not select 'Create Views'. Build it. Validate in AUDIT_TRAIL log if we see 2 entries or not.
2. In Application designer, build setting : Only select 'Create View' and do not select 'Create table'. Build it. Validate in AUDIT_TRAIL log if we see 2 entries or not.
For Step 1, despite the 'create view' was not selected but still it shows as below:
Action ActionName DBID DBName OSuserid ObjName ObjOwner ReturnCode ReturnCodeName SessionID UserHost UserID _time
3 SELECT 77270**** CS92xxx ****** PS_N_GN_******_*** SYS** 942 Table or View does not exist 1332xxxx NPxxx\NPALxxxx-1 SYSxxx 2021-01-11T09:37:53.000+0800
3 SELECT 77270**** CS9xxxx ****** PS_N_GN_******_*** SYS*** 942 Table or View does not exist 1332xxxx NPxxx\NPALxxxx-1 SYSxxx 2021-01-11T09:37:53.000+0800
1. Enable the AUDIT_TRAIL log in database for application designer.
2. Create the table with standard build setting.
3. Review Audit Trail log and it has 2 entry for same record.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document