Pell2 Validation Message 9253 - 'A Second Pell Grant cannot be awarded when the student's FA Load or Current Load is not an 'F','T','H' '
(Doc ID 2772825.1)
Last updated on APRIL 29, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to award a student a Pell2 item type, the item type fails validation, and the 'message' link shows edit 9253, '"A Second Pell Grant cannot be awarded when the student's FA Load or Current Load is not an 'F','T','H' "
The item type is expected to be awarded, since the term where the user is intending to award has one of the allowable FA Load values.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Financial Aid > Awards > Aggregates > Update Incoming Aggregates > Aggregate Aid Data.
- Populate Percent Scheduled Used field with value of 100 (representing full Pell1 received at another school).
- Navigate to Financial Aid > Awards > Award Processing > Assign Awards to a Student > Student Aid Package.
- Add row for Pell2 item type.
- Click validate.
- Note item type is reduced to 0, and click 'message' link appearing on the right of the item type row to see the validation message detail.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document