EAR9.2: Setting Up Users For Run Control Delete Tile - User ID Section Is Not Visible for All Users
(Doc ID 2776449.1)
Last updated on JUNE 29, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Users are having issues trying to set up the page "Run Control Delete".
Expectation is to have access to Run Control Delete tile as long as in Template properties/ Security tab was added Privilege Set ID as "Administrator" to Member Name "ABC". Basically, to have the same access as Member Name "Administrator".
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In Demo environment, logged in as VP1 and create a new permission list ABC
2. Add full access to PTAI_MENU and RUN_CONTROL_MANAGEMENT_FL
3. Check if permission list ABC has been added to structure and content page>Fluid Pages>Run Control Management – Run Control Delete
4. Go to Security tab and check that ABC permission list has been added successfully to access RUN_CONTROL_MANAGEMENT_FL
5. Create role ABC and add permission list previously created- ABC
6. Create test Admin user ABC
7. Details from ID tab
8. Add roles to this user
9. Navigate to PeopleTools > Activity Guide > Manage Templates
10. Click Properties on Run Control Delete
11. In Template Properties go to Security tab
12. Add role ABC as Administrator and Save
13. Navigate to homepage . Personalize Homepage . Add tile . Select Run Control Management > Ru Control
14. Delete . Save . There should now be tile in homepage.
15. Click on Save
16. Click on Run Control Delete tile
17. Click on + button
18. User ID is coming/ is visible because VP1 has ADMINISTRATOR role assigned (which is correct)
19. So add Administrator role to ABC User ID as well
20. Sign out
21. Log in with ABC
22. Click on Personalize Homepage
23. Click on Add tile
24. Run control delete is listed now
25. Click on Run Control Delete tile
26. Click on + button
27. User ID is coming now, as ABC user ID has Administrator role added to User Profile page
28. Remove Administrator role from User Profiles for User ID ABC,
29. Log in with ABC user ID
30. Click on tile "Run Control Delete"
31. Click on + button
32. User ID section is not coming anymore /not visible.
For the replication steps, please review Replication_File.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document