Pell Cost of Attendance (COA) and Less Than Half Time Cost of Attendance (LTHT COA) Incorrect When Summer Term Defined as Academic Instead of Non-Standard
(Doc ID 2778802.1)
Last updated on MAY 23, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Budgeting students - on-line or batch - the Pell COA and LTHT COA are not always calculating correctly, usually less than the expected amounts.
The issue occurs specifically when the summer term is being budgeted along with the terms in the academic year, with the summer term also being defined as part of the academic award period, rather than non-standard.
If a student is only budgeted for a single term, or for only the academic year terms, the results are correct. Similarly, if the summer term is defined as part of the non-standard award period, the results are as expected.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
- In the setup for Valid Terms for Career - Set Up SACR > Product Related > Financial Aid > Aid Year > Valid Terms for Careers - assign award period of 'Academic' to the summer term(s).
- Navigate to Financial Aid > Budgets > Create Student Budget > Create Student Budget.
- Add terms, including at least one academic year term, and the summer term.
- Click build.
- Click move.
- Review the results on Financial Aid > Budgets > Maintain Term Budgets > Student Budget Maintenance.
- Sum the Pell COA and Pell LTHT amounts on all terms, and/or click the Need Summary link to get the yearly amount. Compare that to the expected value.
The issue is seen after applying Campus Solutions 9.0 Bundle 60, or the budget fixes from Campus Solutions 9.2 PUM Image 20.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document