E-IH: PTPN_ASYNC_PUBLISH Message Not Triggered when Administrator Deletes an Absence Request on Interaction Hub
(Doc ID 2779011.1)
Last updated on MAY 25, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Absence Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.56 to 8.59 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PTPN_ASYNC_PUBLISH message is not triggered when an administrator deletes an absence request. This is causing orphan push notifications for managers to remain in portal hub with no matching request.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Setup Push Notifications With Content DB HRMS To Show Up in IH (for reference: Doc ID 2029617.1)
2. Login as an employee and submit an absence request from Self-Service > Time Reporting > Report Time
3. Login as Administrator and go to Peopletools > Integration Broker > Service >Operations Monitoring > Monitoring > Asynchronous services
The service operation, PTPN_ASYNC_PUBLISH is correctly triggered
4. Navigate to Global Payroll & Absence Management> Payee Data> Maintain Absences>Create and Maintain Absences
Select the absence entered by the employee above and delete the request.
5. Go to PeopleTools > Integration Broker > Service Operations > Monitoring > Monitoring > Asynchronous services
Results: No PTPN_ASYNC_PUBLISH messages are triggered.
This is incorrect. The messages should be triggered the same way as it is triggered when a manager approves the request to dismiss the push notifications else the notifications will lie orphan in the portal hub.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document