Accessibility: Tables Connected to the Manage Classes Tile on the Student Homepage Require More Comprehensive "Announcement" by Screen Readers
(Doc ID 2779759.1)
Last updated on JUNE 01, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This issue pertains to the Manage Classes tile, accessed from the Student Homepage.
Assistive technologies have particular ways of navigating and announcing tables. When pages are constructed using tables for layout purposes, this can cause confusion and create conflict between navigation methods (for example, screen readers have particular ways of navigating and announcing forms, which conflict with the way they navigate and announce tables). Additionally, table formatting can cause difficulties with zooming and scaling of the page. Tables used solely for layout purposes must indicate that their role is for presentation and should not have names. This removes table semantics, which improves the screen reader experience.
Some tables used for layout purposes but not marked with role=“presentation” include the list of terms to select from that appears at the start of each action, the buttons to remove selected filters in the Class Search Results, and many of the nested tables in the Weekly Calendar View.
Additionally, three tables located on the Enrollment Information tab and one table located on the Textbook/Other Information tab of the Class Information dialog are named with titles but do not present tabular data and should be marked with a presentation role.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
- Access the Student Homepage.
- Click the Manage Classes Tile.
- Note the following pages/sections impacted by the behavior mentioned above.
• List of terms on View My Classes
• Requirements, Class Notes, and Add Consent tables on Enrollment Information tab of Class Information dialog
• Special Instructions table on Textbook/Other Information tab of Class Information dialog
• Many of the nested tables in Weekly Calendar View
• List of terms on Class Search
• Selected filters on Class Search Results
• List of terms on Shopping Cart
• List of terms on Drop Classes
• List of terms on Update Classes
• List of terms on Swap Classes
• List of terms in the Change Terms dialog
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document