E-QR: Query Expression with Character Type Trims the Leading Spaces From the Result Values
(Doc ID 2782667.1)
Last updated on JUNE 08, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.54 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On executing a Query with Expression type of Character field, that has leading spaces in the values, trims the leading spaces from the result set.
1. Open the Query from Query Manager.
2. Go to the Expressions tab and Edit the Expression.
3. Make the Expression Type as Character.
4. Add the expression for the field that has spaces in it, e.g. substr(A.TSCRPT_COMP_DATA,1,9), and use this Expression as a field.
5. Save and Run the query and the result shows that the spaces in the field value are trimmed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document