Inventory Transactions Allowed in Closed Material Storage Location
(Doc ID 2783663.1)
Last updated on JUNE 13, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Inventory - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Inventory Transaction allowed in Closed Material Storage Location. The storage location in closed in the PeopleSoft Inventory, however we are still able to do transaction using that storage location.
Issue-1 Users are allowed to create Express Issues out of Storage Areas that are closed. Once a location is closed, there should be no inventory transactions that utilize the location.
Steps for Issue 1:
1) Business Unit has ‘Allow Negative Inventory’ checked (Navigation: Setup Financials/Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > Inventory > Inventory Definition - Business Unit Options tab)
2) Close Material Storage Location (Inventory > Maintain Storage Locations > Material Storage locations)
3) Create Express Issue. (Inventory> Fulfill Stock Orders > Stock Requests> Express Issue)
4) In above page under Storage location search, closed location will show and allow selection.
5) User can complete transaction to this location
Issue-2 Closed Material Storage Location shown in Order Release request Page Location search.
Steps for Issue 2:
1) Navigation --> Inventory --> Fulfill Stock Orders --> Picking --> Order Release Request
2) click on Storage Location Search shows Closed Location in Search
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document