Grading Basis Exception Rule Not Respected On Enrollment Within The Student Career
(Doc ID 2786768.1)
Last updated on JUNE 23, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In our Campus Solutions 9.2 database we have setup a Grading Basis Exception Rule and attached it to our Career Pointer Exception Rule rule but it doesn't seem to be correctly mapping the correct grading basis for those classes that match the exception rule.
We expect all graded classes that the student enrolls in for the academic group / subject on our Grading Basis Exception Rule to be assigned a grading basis as mapped on the Grading Basis Exception Rule
Steps to Replicate
- Setup sa cr > Product Related > Student Records > Grading > Grading Basis Exception Rule and create a new rule called FAU map the GRD grading basis to P/NP grading basis
- Setup sa cr > Foundation Tables > Academic Structure > Career Pointer Exception Rules that allows the student to take classes in the MGMT academic group and the ACCT subject above the catalog number of 100 with the Grade Basis Mapping Rule of FAU.
- Setup sa cr > Foundation Tables > Academic Structure > Academic Program Table open the FAU program and assign the FAU 'Career Exception Rule"
- Records and Enrollment > Career and Program Information > Student Program/plan activate your student in the FAU program
- Records and Enrollment > Student Term Information > Term Activate a student and Activate your student for the next term.
- Records and Enrollment > Enrollment > Enrollment Request. Enroll your student into an Accounting Subject class in the MGMT Academic group with a Catalog number over 100 and see the P/NP grade basis was not assigned to the student.
(additionally if you modify the FAU Career Pointer Exception Rules to not allow the student to enroll in the MGMT ACCT classes he will still be allowed to enroll in the class)
The Career Pointer Exception rules will only work if the class is in some other career then the Career of the Program your FAU program belongs to and the "Only if Outside Career" check box is set on the ACAD_PROG_TBL
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document