EPY: Fluid Pages With Tappable Grids Are Still Active even after changing the Permissions for the Page to Display-only
(Doc ID 2788295.1)
Last updated on JUNE 30, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Unable to make fluid pages with chevrons( > ) read-only, as the chevrons still will activate the PeopleCode to allow editing of items. Typical display-only options do not stop the user from having access.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps for the Tax Withholding Self Service Tile as an example:
1. Copy the Permission List that you want to change (that includes the page with chevrons that direct to a new page)
- This example uses the "W-4 PDF Taxable Withholding Fluid page"
- Navigation: Home > PeopleTools > Security > Permissions and Roles > Copy Permission Lists
- Bring up the Permission List that contains the Page. IE HCCPPY1203
- Copy the Permission List and name the new one to show it is custom
2. Make a Fluid page that has chevrons that direct to a new page Display Only
- Navigation: Home > PeopleTools > Security > Permissions and Roles > Permission Lists
- Click the "Pages" tab
- Click the "Edit Components" hyperlink
- Choose the Component Name you are trying to change and click on the "Edit Page" hyperlink (example: Component Name: PY_IC_W4_FL, description "Tax Withholding")
- Change Page Permissions to "Display Only"
3. Employee is still able to click the chevron and get the PDF to edit
- Navigation: Home > Employee Self Service > Payroll Tile > Tax Withholding Tile
- Click on a link via the chevron
- The link still works.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document