E-508: Focus Gets Lost When Selecting 'Fetch More Rows' on a Global Search with Over 20 Search Results
(Doc ID 2790183.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 12, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.57 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When performing a global search with a large number of search results (for example over 40 results) the "Fetch more rows" button appears after the first 20 results.
When the user selects "Fetch more rows" the focus initially stays on "Fetch more rows". Tabbing again takes the focus the top of the browser. The user must tab through the entire page and then again through the first 20 results before being able to tab to results 21-40.
This can be confusing to keyboard and screen reader users. The focus should immediately redirect to the first new row of the newly expanded list.
- Login with "Enable Screen Reader Mode" selected.
- Select the global search magnifying glass.
- Enter a search term that will produce over 40 results.
- Tab through results.
- When it gets to the rows specified in grid properties, a button will appear with the words "Fetch more rows".
- Using the keyboard, select the Fetch more rows button.
- Notice the focus stays on Fetch more rows button, then goes to address bar at top of browser. Users must tab through all browser elements, then PS banner, then navigation categories, then first 20 results, before being able to tab to results 21-40.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document