EGL9.2:Manage Journal Approval Search Page is Not Invoking Business Unit Security
(Doc ID 2791341.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 09, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The 'Search' button on the Manage Journal Approval search page does not invoke the Business Unit (BU) security defined in the system. If user does not enter any parameters and hit the search button, it brings back all the available journals,
not just those BUs the user has access to.
Steps to replicate:
1. Turn on row level security for Business Unit per User ID level (Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Security > Security Options).
In Security Options page, select :
- Type of Security = User ID Level Security
- Secured Fields = Business Unit
2. Set up Business Unit Security by User ID: (Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Security > Unit by User ID)
- For User ID GLA2 (Requester), give access to Business Units CAN01 and US001.
- For User ID GLS2 (Approver), give access to Business Unit US001.
3. Run Apply Security Setups (SEC_VIEWS) process. (Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Security > Apply Security Setups)
4. Log in as GLA2 (Requester).
5. Create a journal under Business Unit = US001, edit and submit for approval. (General Ledger > Journals > Journal Entry > Create/Update Journal Entries)
6. Create another journal under Business Unit = CAN01, edit and submit for approval.
7. Log in as GLS2 (Approver).
8. Go to Manage Journal Approval. (General Ledger > Journals > Journal Entry > Manage Journal Approval).
- Note that ‘Business Unit’ and ‘Line Business Unit’ look up displays only US001, which User GLS2 has only access to.
- Blanking these fields and hitting search displays rows for other Business Unit other than US001.
See full replication here.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document