EAP: Vouchers Are Self Approved When Created By Admin & Batch Voucher Approval Ran By Admin
(Doc ID 2792557.1)
Last updated on JULY 19, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Vouchers Self Approve when Created by Admin & Batch Vchr Appr Ran by Admin
When a voucher is created by the admin approver (i.e. user has the Admin Role setup on the Approval Process Setup page), and the same user runs the Batch Voucher Approval process (VCHR_APRV_AF) it automatically fully approves the voucher updating the status to Approved and displaying the approval workflow as “Self Approved” at all approval levels. The Approval Process Setup page does not have User Auto Approval or Self Approval checked at any stage.
Steps to Recreate
1. Log in as user having Admin Role listed on Approval Process Setup page
2. Navigate to: FSCM > Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry
3. Create voucher with Dept ID left blank
4. Run Voucher Budget Check process
5. Navigate to: FSCM > Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Approve > Batch Voucher Approval
6. Run the process using the same user who created the voucher
7. Navigate to: FSCM > Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry
8. Search for the existing voucher
9. Notice the Approval Status says “Approved”, but it should say “Pending”.
10. Click on the Approval History link
11. Notice the approval steps are listed as “Approved” via “Self Approved”. This voucher was auto approved, but should not have been.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document