Financial Aid COBOL Process Fails with 'Return Code: 08006', 'Error Message: Invalid datatype specified'
(Doc ID 2798928.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 27, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to run a financial aid cobol process, it errors. An examination of the log file will show the following message lines:
These lines will be followed by additional lines which list the specific 'Stored Stmt' and 'SQL Statement' that failed, which will vary depending on the specific case.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
- Navigate to the run control page for the batch process.
- Populate the parameters on the page.
- Run the process.
- Click the link to the Process Monitor to verify the process ended in error.
- Click the Details link for the process, then click the link that says 'View Log/Trace' (not the link that says 'Message Log') in the lower right.
- Note the file with extension .log in the file list, and click the file link to see the full contents of the file and verify the error message.
Typically the issue will most often occur when applying new application fixes containing updates to cobol source code - new .cbl or .dms files. Again, the specifics will vary with each situation.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document