ELA: While Using the Old Accounting Standards The LPY Accounting Entries Are Doubled After Changing the DEPTID Through an Amendment
(Doc ID 2802496.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 27, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Lease Administration - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The TRANS_TYPE LPY Accounting Entries are Doubled after changing the DEPTID through an Amendment while using the old Accounting Standards.
The system will create identical LPY Accounting Entries in the same period for both Department IDs.
After the amendment, the Base Rent Obligation Reduction (PS_RE_LS _TRM_SCHED OBLIGATION_REDUCE) sum amount is the total lease payment value.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a New Finance Lease using the old Accounting Standards and key in a DEPTID on the Asset Accounting Distribution
Navigation: Lease Administration > Payables Leases > Create New Payables Lease
2. Activate, Process the Payments and create the Accounting Entries
3. Create an Amendment and change the DEPTID to a new value.
4. Activate the Amendment, Create the Accounting Entries, and Close the Depreciation
Navigation: Asset Management > Accounting Entries > Close Depreciation
5. Review the Accounting Entries
Navigation: Asset Management > Accounting Entries > Review Financial Entries
Detailed DEMO Replication Steps Attached
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document