E-AE/MSSQL: Massive Parallel Execution of App Engine Processes May Cause Blocking on Temp Table Allocation Phase on Non-Oracle Database Platform
(Doc ID 2804710.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 07, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.54 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Sample environment is on PeopleTools (PT) 8.54.34/MS SQL server platform.
With MAX allowed AE processes=70 in the PSNT process scheduler configuration file (psprcs.cfg), launching many Application Engine (AE) processes simultaneously causes session blocking. The result is that some AE processes stay in a New status, while others remain in a Processing status for a long time due to the PS_AELOCMGR update being blocked.
1. Import the project provided. The project creates three AE programs, and two temp tables.
2. Build the temp tables, and add the two AE process definitions shown below.
3. Run AETEST2 (navigation: PeopleTools > Process Scheduler > Sample Processes, and enter the Run Control ID).
4. As soon as AETEST1 process shows up in the Process Monitor, quickly do the following:
5. Switch to SQL Studio, refresh the 'Top Transaction by blocked transaction count' report frequently, and it will show the problematic blocking SQL (for example, blocked by the DELETE SQL...).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document