eProcurement Requisitions Created Using Order Sheets have Different Item Long Description When Compared to Catalog Items
(Doc ID 2805140.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 08, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Item Description displayed on Order Sheets is different to the Item Description in Catalogs. When creating order sheets and raising requisitions using Catalogs the item descriptions that are displayed to the user are the 'Long Item Description' fields. However, when raising a requisition from an Order Sheet, the item description displayed is not the 'long item description' but is taken from Define Item(General) page description.
1. Open the Define item page for any item.
Items ->Define Items and Attributes->Define Item
2. Notice the Item description at General tab. Click on the "Purchasing Item Attributes" link below. Confirm that the description at the General page is different from the long description at the "Purchasing Item Attributes" page.
3. Create a new order sheet
eProcurement -> Administer Order Sheets -> Manage order Sheets
4. Click on Add new and add the same item as above. Change the "Order Sheet Status" to Active and save.
5. Go back to Manage order sheets page and Authorize the order sheet.
6. Add any requestor and save.
7. Log out and log in as the requestor added above.
8. Create a new requisition
eProcurement -> Create Requisition.
9. Search for the item above in the catalog. Add the item to cart.
10. Open the order sheet at the create requisition page and click on the order sheet created above.
11. Add the item in the order sheet to cart.
12. Click on Checkout and see that same item has been added with two different requisition.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document