Instructor Displays Incorrectly as "Staff" (English) or "Personnel" (Canadian French) When No Instructor is Assigned to a Class
(Doc ID 2807377.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Campus Self Service - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When there is no instructor assigned to a class, Instructor is displayed as "Staff" instead of the expected display of "To be announced" in some areas of the application. The display is correct in other locations, but the expectation is a standardized and consistent display everywhere as "To be Announced" in English or "À communiquer" in Canadian French.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
- Login as student or SSS_AA0001.
- Navigate to Main Menu > Self Service > Class Search / Browse Catalog > Class Search
Institution: PeopleSoft University, Term= 2019 Spring, Subject = Art.
- Click Search.
NOTE: "Staff" is displayed for Instructor when no Instructor Name is assigned to the class.
- Go to Student Homepage.
- Go to Manage Classes tile.
- Drill down on Class and go to Meeting Information tab.
NOTE: "To be announced" is displayed for Instructor.
- Go to Shopping Cart, Staff is displayed for Instructor.
- Go to Drop Classes, again, Staff is displayed.
- Login in Canadian French, navigate to the same navigations and the corresponding translation for Staff is shown as "Personnel" while "To be Announced" is displayed as ""À communiquer".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document