EPY: Manual Check Refund Had Incorrect Taxable Gross for NY FLI-EE And OASDI-EE
(Doc ID 2807956.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 22, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A manual check had a refund of NY FLI-EE and NY OASDI-EE but the taxable gross that was calculated was incorrect for NY FLI-EE and OASDI-EE
Steps to Reproduce
1. Run the script below to review tax balances for the Employee's Quarter and Year that is affected:
SELECT * FROM PS_TAX_BALANCE WHERE EMPLID = <EMPLOYEE ID> and BALANCE_YEAR = <YEAR> and BALANCE_QTR = <QTR>
2. Create negative net pay manual check. Enter tax overrides to refund NY FLI and OASDI tax.
- Navigation: Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Update Paysheets > By Payline
a. Enter In Other Earnings, REG with a large negative Amount, such as -40,053.24
b. Choose Tab One-Time Taxes and enter a One time tax for NY OASDI/Disability - EE, One-Time Code: Refund, for a small One-Time Tax Amount, such as 7.80
c. Still in Tab One-Time Taxes, enter a One time tax for NY Family Leave Insurance - EE, One-Time Code: Refund, for a One-Time Tax Amount, such as 256.50
3. Calculate the Check
- Navigation: Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Produce Payroll > Calculate Payroll
- Enter the Pay Run ID and choose Off-cycle checks on the left side of the Run Control Page, choose Preliminary Calc, and choose Only Calculate Where Needed
4. Review paycheck taxes.
- Navigation: Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Produce Payroll > Review Paycheck
- Notice that No taxable gross appears for NY FLI/EE and OASDI EE.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document