Getting Incorrect Error "Total PO amount exceeds the contract maximum amount " After Making Multiple Changes to the Purchase Order (PO)
(Doc ID 2808043.1)
Last updated on MARCH 06, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Getting incorrect error "Total PO amount exceeds the contract maximum amount " after making multiple changes to the Purchase Order (PO).
1) Create a contract for 2 different categories and a maximum amount of 1500.00 (Navigation: Main menu > Procurement Contracts > Add/Update Contract)
2) Create a PO by copying the contract (Navigation: Main menu > Purchasing > Purchase Orders > Add/Update PO)
3) Add line 1 for $500 with Category line 1 of the contract and save. Make sure contract and category line is on the PO line and to save after adding each line.
4) Add line 2 for $500 with category line 2 of the contract and save
5) Add line 3 for $500 with category line 1 of the contract and save.
6) Check contract - At this point we have reached the max amount of contract $1500 and the same amount has been released from the contract with nothing left – so far everything is working as expected
7) Now go back to PO and delete line 3 and save
8) check contract again -- amounts are still correct
9) Now add line 3 again and check the contract - it is still correct
10) Come back a few days later Delete line 3 again - Correct amounts shown on contract
11) Change line 2 from 500 to 1000
12) Now get error – this is incorrect because we only added an extra 500 to line 2 which would have brought contract to the maximum amount of 1500.00
Please see replication steps here.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document