Item Perpetual Average Cost Can be Updated When The Item Status is Inactive And When Item is Activated Again the Cost Accounting Entries will be in "No Account Distribution Rule" error due to Missing Cost Element.
(Doc ID 2809691.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Inventory - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Users are able to update item's perpetual average cost even if the item is inactive under Navigation: Main Menu>Cost Accounting>Item Costs>Update Costs>Adjust Average Cost
However, under such circumstance, the cost currency and cost element will be empty, and if we re-activate the item and deplete the stock qty, it can cause problem to cost accounting and the entries will be in "No Account Distribution Rule" error due to missing cost element.
Steps to replicate issue:
1) Create a New Item (Main Menu > Items > Define Item)
2) Add the item to an Inventory Business unit (VU) under Define Business Unit Item Page (Items > Define Items and Attributes > Define Business Unit Item)
3) Add some Quantity to the Items under Express Putaway page. (Inventory > Putaway Stock > Express Putaway)
4) Now let’s make this item ‘Inactive’ under Define Business Unit Item. (Items > Define Items and Attributes > Define Business Unit Item)
5) Review costs for this item under Main menu > Cost Accounting > Item costs > Review Costs > Item cost – Perpetual Avg tab
6) Now Let’s do Adjust Average cost and save. (Main menu > Cost Accounting > Item costs > Update Costs > Adjust Average cost)
Please note that the Cost Element is blank or empty in this page and still able to save successfully.
7) After we adjusted the cost, we can see the status is ‘Inactive’ in ‘Item Cost History’, also without the cost element under Main menu > Cost Accounting > Item costs > Review Costs > Item cost – Perpetual Avg tab
8) Issue replicated.
9) Now proceeding further, Activated Item again by running INS4000 process. (Items > Define Items and Attributes > Change Item Status)
10) Once the item is re-activated, and deplete the stock qty, for example, by express issue. (Inventory > Fulfill Stock Orders > Stock Requests > Express Issue)
11) Accounting rules are having a cost element defined under Transaction Accounting Rule for Transaction Group 030 (Main Menu > Set up financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Cost Accounting > Transaction Accounting Rules)
12) Once we run the Cost Accounting creation process for the depletion.(Cost Accounting > Inventory and Mfg Accounting > Create Accounting Entries > Cost Accounting Creation)
13) The entries will be in Accounting Line errors due to missing cost element with below error:
Please review attached Replication document.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document