Error "GP_ABS_EA_AWE is not a valid header record name; expected a record of name GP_ABS_SS_DAT. (18081,1018)" when Attempting to View the Approval Chain For a Child to an Extended Absence
(Doc ID 2811248.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 06, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Absence Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Following error occurs when viewing Approval Chain (approval status monitor) as the employee for whom an extended absence was submitted, under Employee Self Service > Time tile > View Absence Requests tile.
The problem arises only when attempting to view the Approval Chain for an absence request that is a child to an Extended Absence, when that child request was added from an administrator page (GP_ABS_EVENT.ABS_ENTRY_SRC = ‘A’, ’B’, or ‘C’).
GP_ABS_EA_AWE is not a valid header record name; expected a record of name GP_ABS_SS_DAT.
(18081,1018) EOAW_CORE.ApprovalManager.OnExecute Name:ApprovalManager PCPC:1188 Statement:17
Called from:HMAF_AWE.WRAPPERS.ApprovalManager.OnExecute Name:ApprovalManager Statement:3
Called from:HMAF_AWE.ApprovalsFactory.OnExecute Name:getApprovalManager Statement:7
Called from:HGA_APPR_MON_FLU.ApprovalMonitorFluid.OnExecute Name:DisplayApprovalMonitor Sattement:8
Called from: HGA_APR_MON_SCF.Activate Statement:8
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an extended absence request. This may be done either from Employee Self Service or from the Administrator page
Main Menu > Global Payroll & Absence Mgmt > Payee Data > Maintain Absences > Administer Extended Absence
Employee Self-Service desktop > “Time” tile > “Extended Absence Request” tile
2. Approve the extended absence request.
3. Add an absence to the approved extended absence request, using the administrator page.
Navigation: Main Menu > Global Payroll & Absence Mgmt > Payee Data > Maintain Absences > Administer Extended Absence
Confirm that you entered a child to the Extended Absence request from the administrator page (GP_ABS_EVENT.ABS_ENTRY_SRC ='C' ). TRANSACTION_NBR is the child absence and TRANSACTION_NBR_EA is the parent extended absence.
4. Approve the absence request.
5. As the employee for whom the extended absence requests were entered, navigate to Employee Self Service > Time tile > View Absence Requests tile, find the child absence request from step 3 and click on it to view the absence details.
6. At the bottom of the page, click on the “Approval Chain” link to see the error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document