Forms Approval Email Notification is Not Sent to Requester and Approver, Although, Notifications are Set Up for both, Only Approver Gets Notified.
(Doc ID 2811463.1)
Last updated on MARCH 06, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked for Currency on 2023-March-06 ***
In FSCM 9.2 Image 39, email notifications for Forms is not routing to both APPROVER and REQUESTOR on FINAL APPROVE, although Approval setup is done for notifications on both APPROVER and REQUESTOR.
Only Approver receives the final approval email. In Image 35 this used to work fine.
Steps to replicate:
A. Test Emails for all users to ensure that it is able to receive email.
B. Ensure that email addresses are set up in the User Profiles for requester and approvers.
C. Check Transaction Configuration for Process ID = EOFM.
D. Check Transaction Registry for EOFM.
E. Setup User List Definition:
1. GLBUApproverList_1 -
Role Name = GLBUApprover1
User List Definition 2:
2. GLBUApproverList_2 -
Role Name = GLBUApprover2
F. Check Process Definition for EOFM.
G. In Notification Configurations page, make sure Push and Email options are enabled.
H. Test :
1. Log in as VP1 to design the form.
2. Click Design Forms tile.
3. Create a simple form. Use Wizard steps to complete this task - Steps 1-5.
4. Activate form. Click ‘Activate’ button.
5. For easy access, add the Form in the Homepage.
6. Click Test form tile.
7. Populate required fields and click Save button.
8. Click Preview Approval button to check approval routing.
9. Now, click Submit button to submit form for approval.
10. Check emails:
Received notification for fscmuser2 (GLS2) that a test form is awaiting approval.
11. Log in as GLS2.
12. Click Approvals tile.
13. Click the form for approval.
14. Click Approve, enter a comment and click Submit button.
15. Log in as VP1 (requester). Notice that the Form is in Approval Status = Pending.
16. Check emails:
Received notification for fscmuser3 (GLS3) that a test form is awaiting approval.
17. Log in as GLS3.
18. Click Approvals tile.
19. Click the form for approval.
20. Click Approve, enter a comment and click Submit button.
It has been noted that below is the summary of emails received:
- Received notification for fscmuser2 (GLS2) that a test form is awaiting approval.
- Received notification for fscmuser3 (GLS3) that a test form is awaiting approval.
- Received notification for fscmuser4 (MGR2) that a test form is awaiting approval.
- Received notification for fscmuser1 (VP1) that a test form has been approved.
* Notification that form has been approved is not received by the approvers.
- Transaction Configuration for Process ID = EOFM. By default, it only has ‘Requester’ as the participant.
The requirement is to add Approver as participant.
- Querying from PS_EOAW_NOT_USER record, the added ‘Approver’ participant, row has:
EOAW_EMAIL = N
EOAW_PUSH = N
- Note that in Notification Configuration, Push and Mail options are enabled.
- Now, using SQL tool, update the PS_EOAW_NOT_USER record fields with:
EOAW_EMAIL = Y
EOAW_PUSH = Y
1. As log in as Requester, click the created form tile.
2. Populate the Test form.
3. Submit for approval. Note that the 1st approval (GLS2) has been notified
via email that a form is awaiting for approval.
4. Log in as GLS2 (approver).
5. Click on Approvals tile.
6. Access and approve the form. Note that 2nd level approvers (GLS3 and MGR2) are notified via email that a form is waiting for their approval.
7. Now, log in as GLS3 (2nd level approver).
8. Click Approval tile.
9. Access and approve the form. Note that the requester, as well as approvers receive email notification that the form is approved.
See replications steps here.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document