Getting 'Insert failed (18209,15001) ' on Purchase Order Page When Adding Work Order Information to a Dispatched PO
(Doc ID 2814595.1)
Last updated on MARCH 14, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Getting 'Insert failed (18209,15001) ' When Adding Work Order Information to a Dispatched PO.
When adding work order information to more than 1 PO line on a previously dispatched PO, the 2nd line gives an "Insert failed into WM_WO_PO_SCHED" message. You can eventually try to save multiple times and it will work, but then the EE_SEQ_NUM on PO_LINE_DISTRIB is now duplicated which causes unique constraints in KK.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create Purchase Order with 2 lines without work order association. PO Schedule – no WO association. Navigation: Purchasing < Purchase Orders < Add/Update POs
2. At PO Distribution page not that no Work Order Project Costing and Business Unit/Project/Activity informed
3. Budget check, and dispatch the PO at Purchase Order page using the Budget Check and Dispatch Option
4. Create the work order. Navigation: Maintenance Management > Work Order Management > Work Order
5. Back to Purchase Order page. Manually associate the work order to the existing PO. ***Important note on this step – when entering the work order information on the first task and saving, no issue
6. But when trying to associate the work order to the PO schedule for the 2nd line, the insert message is received. It can be also replicate the message when try to add both work order associations at the same time.
"Cannot delete a distribution once purchase order has been dispatched. Cancel the distrib instead. (10200,621)
When a purchase order has been dispatched, canceled, or completed, you cannot delete a distribution from it. You can cancel the distribution instead to indicate that it is no longer an active component of the purchase order."
OK to message above. Getting the error:
"Insert failed (18209,15001)
The insert into record WM_WO_SCHED_PO failed. Please contact your system administrator."
7. Go out of the PO and back in and just add the work order to the 1st line – no issue, saves fine. EE_SEQ_NUM is incremented accordingly.
8. Try to add the work order to the 2nd PO line – error message is received again:
"Cannot delete a distribution once purchase order has been dispatched. Cancel the distrib instead. (10200,621) "
9. Go out of the work order (sometimes need to repeat this a few times), but the 2nd PO line association to the work order will eventually save and then it is noticed the duplicated EE_SEQ_NUM issue.
10. Query: "Select business_unit, po_id, line_nbr, sched_nbr, distrib_line_num, ee_seq_num from ps_po_line_distrib where business_unit = 'XXXXX' and po_id = 'XXXXXXXXXX'"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document