New Purchase Order Successfully Created With Inactive Chartfield Value Using Copy PO Option
(Doc ID 2815351.1)
Last updated on APRIL 10, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
New Purchase Order(PO) was successfully created by copying an old PO with inactivated Project Costing chartfield values.
When creating new transactions online (PO's, Receipts, Vouchers, and Journals), the inactive PC Field values are not available for selection. However, if a transaction (such as a PO) is copied from an old transaction with an inactive PC Field value, the new resulting PO can be saved without correcting the PC field and without error. This PO can go successfully through Receiving and Accounts Payable before this causes the resulting GL Journal to go into Error status.
1. Create a new PO by copying old PO with inactive category chartfield value.
Nav: Purchasing -> Purchase Orders -> Add/Update POs
2. Ensure the PO line distribution has inactive category chartfield.
3. Create a receipt for the PO.
Nav: Purchasing -> Receipts -> Add/Update Receipts
4. Ensure inactive category is present in the Receipt distribution.
Nav: Distribution icon at Link and Status
5. Create a voucher for the PO Receipt
Nav: Accounts Payable -> Vouchers -> Add/Update -> Regular Entry
6. Check the Voucher distribution line for the inactive category value.
7. Match, Budget check and post the voucher.
8. Run the Journal Generate process.
9. Open the Create/Update Journal Entries page to see the journal in error due to inactive Resource category value.
Nav: General Ledger -> Journals -> Journal Entry -> Create/Update Journal Entries
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document