Rules Engine Assigns Sequence Number 1 Instead of 0 to Academic Program (ACAD_PROG) Common Attribute Framework (CAF) Record SSR_PROG_CAF
(Doc ID 2817302.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 31, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running the Rules Engine to assign a CAF record SSR_PROG_CAF to the Academic Program, and when the effective sequence of the Academic Program (on ACAD_PROG) is 0, the Rules Engine assigns the record with sequence number 1 Instead of 0.
The sequence number assigned to the CAF by the Rules Engine should be the same sequence number as ACAD_PROG in all instances. The behavior is correct when the ACAD_PROG sequence is anything greater than 0.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a CAF field on the ACAD_PROG table.
- Create a rules engine that will update the CAF value.
- Test the rules engine to add a new CAF value for the field for a student on Records and Enrollment > Career and Program Information > Student Program/Plan > Student Program, where the Effective Sequence for the Program row is 0.
- Navigate to Navigate to Records and Enrollment > Career and Program Information > Student Program/Plan > Additional Information and note the assigned field/value does not display properly in the Program Attributes or Plan Attributes section (whichever is expected to contain the field/value).
- Query SSR_PROG_CAF to confirm the record was assigned with sequence 1 instead of 0.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document