E-IB: Message XML Containing Special Unicode Characters (e.g. in Supplementary Private Use Area) May Crash the PSSUBHND Process, and the User Clicking on "View XML" in the Message Monitor is Kicked Out of PIA
(Doc ID 2818314.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 02, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.57 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Sample site is on PeopleTools (PT) 8.57. When a third party sends an inbound XML message containing some unknown characters (e.g. in the Supplementary Private Use Area, 􀆟), the subscription PUBSUB handler processes (e.g. PSSUBHND) crash. As a result, the user cannot view the problematic XML from the message monitor's details page.
1. Set up the inbound asynchronous service operation.
2. Have the third party send the XML request containing the problem Unicode characters.
3. Log into PIA, and navigate to the Asynchronous Message Monitor (Navigation: PeopleTools > Integration Broker > Service Operations Monitor > Monitor Asynchronous Services), and click on the Operation Instances tab.
4. Locate the transaction, and click on the "Details" link to open the operation instance details.
5. Click on "View XML", and observe that the user is kicked out of PIA.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document