E-PB: Clicking on the PeopleBooks Help Link From the HCM 9.20 Manage/Create Position Page Returns a "404 Page Not Found" Error
(Doc ID 2820164.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 09, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.58 to 8.59 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Site is on PeopleTools 8.58.07/HCM 9.20, and its Web Profile Help Link URL points to the Oracle hosted PeopleBooks site.
When a user clicks on the Help Link from the Manage/Create Position pages, the following error is seen on the page that is returned.
The issue can be reproduced using the following steps:
1. Log into PIA, navigate to the Web Profile (PeopleTools > Web Profile > Web Profile Configuration), and open the Web Profile being used.
2. Copy/paste the URL below into the "Help URL" entry, and save the change.
3. Re-start the PIA web server.
4. Log into PIA via a browser, navigate to Organizational Development > Position Management > Manage Position.
Note that prior to pressing the Help Link, it is recommended that the user open a page with data, not a search page. However, in this case, the
results were the same.
5. Click on the three dots in the upper right near the Navigator button.
6. Click on the Help link from the dropdown menu.
7. Observe that the error above is returned.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document