EGM / EPC : Expense Transactions Are Receiving Budget Exceptions - “No Budget Exists” When Grants Project Budgets Are Reversed Because They Were Entered in Incorrect Ledger Group Initially.
(Doc ID 2820574.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 01, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Grants - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Grant Budget has an incorrect ledger group associated with it for example CC_PRJ_DTL. It was then changed to the correct ledger group for example CC_GRT_DTL. Any new expense journals created and budget checked are not getting budget checked with the error below.
Possible Replication Step:
- Create a Project /Activity in a BU. The GL BU associated has multiple commitment ledgers associated in "Ledger for a Unit".
- Create a Project Budget for one particular ledger group(let's say CC_PRJ_DTL) and Finalize. Let's assume this is an incorrect ledger that the user should not be using.
- Users think this ledger group used was incorrect.
- Users corrected the Grants Project Budget by creating a negative budget against the wrong ledger group in step 2 and created a positive budget for the right ledger (Let's say CC_GRT_DTL).
- Now create either expense transactions in GL using navigation: General Ledger > Journals > Journal Entry >Create/Update Journal Entries, the transactions fail with budget checking with the above error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document