External Awards Item Type Increases Processd Via External File are Intended for Single Disbursement but are Splitting Evenly Across Disbursements
(Doc ID 2821395.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 15, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running the External Award Load to process an increase to an item type, the increase is being processed for the correct amount, but the split is incorrect. The intention is to increase one of the disbursements, but instead the increase is being spread evenly across all disbursements.
Example: current award amount is 600, split 300/300 across fall/spring; now the spring amount needs to be increased by 200; when processed, the total award is correctly increased to 800, but the split is 400/400, instead of 300/500.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Load the file to staging, via Financial Aid > Awards > External Awards > Process External Award File > External Award Staging Process.
- Navigate to Financial Aid > Awards > External Awards > Manage Student External Awards > External Awards, for one of the students loaded from the file.
- Click the 'Load' button to finish processing the student.
- Navigate to Financial Aid > Awards > Award Processing > Assign Awards to a Student > Student Aid Package. Note the item type has been updated to the correct amount.
- Click the 'Disbursement' link corresponding to the item type. Note the incorrect even split of the item type.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document