EAM: Cannot Dispose Assets When Project Is Closed. Error: "The transaction is not processed since the asset is having inactive Project ID"
(Doc ID 2823974.1)
Last updated on MAY 16, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Cannot Dispose Assets When Project is Closed. Getting following error message.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open any active project. (Project Costing – Project Definitions – Define Project General Info)
2. Create an asset and add the above project. (Asset Management – Asset Transactions – Owned Assets – Basic Add)
3. Click on Acquisition Detail Chartfields link.
4. Make sure of the project id.
5. Calculate depreciation for the above asset.( Asset Management – Depreciation – Processing – Calculate Depreciation)
6. Close the above project. (Project Costing – Project Definitions – Update Project Status)
7. Verify the project status. (Project Costing – Project Definitions – Define Project General Info)
8. Create a retirement template.(SetUp Financials / Supply Chain – Product Related – Asset Management – Import Spreadsheet SetUp – Define AM Spreadsheet Template)
9. Load the spreadsheet and run the process.(Asset Management – Send / Receive Information – Import Data via Spreadsheet – Upload Spreadsheet Data)
10. Verify the interface id populated.
11. Run the load interface process.
12. Review the loaded data.
Error: The transaction is not processed since the asset is having inactive Project ID
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document