EGL9.2: Equitization Journals Have Blank Or Incorrect DESCR254 Values
(Doc ID 2826019.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 08, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Certain journals from the Equitization (GLPQEQTZ) process have Blank or Incorrect DESCR254 values retrieved from the Consolidations Tree.
Equitization journals for the Elimination business units all consistently contain in DESCR254 the Node name from the Consolidations Tree associated with where the elimination business unit sits on the tree.
However, equitization journals for the Parent and Subsidiary (non-Elimination) business units contain an inconsistent DESCR254 with one of the following values -
--a correct Node name from the tree associated with where the non-elimination business unit sits on the tree, or
--a blank value, or
--an unrelated Node name from the tree inconsistent with where the non-elimination business unit sits on the tree
The issue is how to consistently populate the DESCR254 in equitization journals for the Parent and Subsidiary (non-Elimination) business Units.
1. set up Ledger Group RECORDING, with BU Affiliate unchecked
2. set up Consolidations Tree with elimination, parent and subsidiary gl bu's
3. set up Ledger Set with same above elimination, parent and subsidiary gl bu's
4. set up Subsidiary Ownership Set for each subsidiary gl bu, including parent gl bu and parent's ownership %
5. set up Chartfield Value Set for each subsidiary gl bu, specifying two fields - Account with account rollup tree (Income Statement node) and subsidiary gl bu
6. set up Equitization Rule for each subsidiary gl bu
--setting Source tab to Chartfield Value Set for the subsidiary gl bu
--setting Target tab with Parent set to specific account, and Offset set to specific account
7. set up Equitization Group consisting of:
--above Ledger Set with same above elimination, parent and subsidiary gl bu's
--each above Equitization Rule for each subsidiary gl bu
8. enter/edit/post some journals so income exists in the LEDGER for each subsidiary gl bu
9. set up Equitization run control consisting of:
--above Equitization Group
--As of Date = end of current month
--above Consolidations Tree
--[X] Process Consolidations
--[X] Create Calc Log
10. run the GLPQEQTZ process
11. validate resulting Equitization journals generated
12. query resulting JRNL_HEADER rows for DESCR and DESCR254
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document